Job Opening - Music Victoria / VMDO - Office Administrator 20 Jul 2018
Music Victoria is looking for an experienced, energetic and enthusiastic Office Administrator to take on the challenge of assisting and coordinating our growing team.
The Office Administrator position is a full-time role and a key member of both Music Victoria and the Victorian Music Development Office teams. These organisations work closely under the one roof, but you’ll need to be highly organised as you will be responsible for providing administrative support to the management of both offices, as well as day-to-day office administration and front desk reception.
About MV and VMDO
Music Victoria is an independent, not-for-profit organisation and the state peak body for contemporary music. We represent musicians, venues, music businesses and professionals, and music lovers across the Victorian contemporary music community. Music Victoria provides advocacy on behalf of the music sector, actively supports the development of the Victorian music community, and celebrates and promotes Victorian music.
The VMDO is a Victorian Government initiative delivered by Music Victoria. The VMDO works with Victoria’s contemporary music sector and agencies, within and beyond government, to build projects that generate sustainable music industry careers, craft business opportunities, and promote Victoria’s global music brand.
About the role
We have a fast-paced and fun working environment so daily tasks will be varied. Regular responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- front desk reception, customer service for in-person and phone, email and other enquiries
- office coordination to ensure the smooth operation of the Music Victoria and VMDO offices
- administrative support as requested by the CEO and managers
- updating playlists, social media, newsletters, website and online events
- membership administration
- event assistance as required
To be successful in this role you will need to be an excellent communicator, with demonstrable organisational and coordination experience, great writing skills, computer skills …. and a love of music.
Ideally, you have previous office coordination experience – especially previous experience working in the music industry.
- Proven computer experience in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to communicate with and coordinate a team, and a diverse range of external stakeholders
- Ability to prioritise tasks whilst maintaining close attention to detail
- Well-developed organisational skills and the ability to coordinate various administrative processes
This role will be based at our office in South Melbourne for the first year, and then relocate to Collingwood in mid-2019 when the Collingwood Arts Precinct and Music Market is operational.
Salary: $45,000 p.a. plus superannuation.
Does this sound like you?
Apply for the role of Office Administrator by emailing your resume to Nick via email@example.com by no later than 5pm on 31 July 2018.
You will receive a questionnaire via email that will give you the opportunity to tell us more about your relevant skills and experience, and what makes you ideal for this unique role.
Music Victoria is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity in our organisation and activities. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.