Applications for the 2019 program will be open from April 4 - COB May 13
Who Can Apply?
Live Music Professionals is a program for active independent promoters, live music venues, venue band bookers and venue managers who could use support in order to:
- Improve a particular aspect of their business
- Strengthen their overall business
- Expand their knowledge in various fields relating their business
- Build professional networks.
We encourage anyone to apply who resides in, and their primary business is active in the state of Victoria.
Independent Promoters: In order to apply for the Independent Promoters stream, applicants must have been running regular events for at least the past 12 months and in that time have run events independently, outside of working for a major promoter or venue.
Venues: The applicant must be employed by, or own a venue which supports original live music and hosts a minimum of 12 original live music performances each year. Applicants must be one of the following:
- Venue owner
- Venue manager
- Band booker for the venue.
Participant spots are limited and a competitive selection process will operate. In addition to the eligibility criteria, sucessful participants must:
- Reside in, and have their primary business be active in, the state of Victoria
- Commit to identifying an area/s of their business that require/s support
- Commit to scheduling time to meet with the Live Music Professionals Project Manager (in July) in order to create a customised working plan for the program (regional participants will be visited by the project manager)
- Commit to attending the full-day program workshop launch on July 2nd in Melbourne
- Attend the Changes conference, a two-day industry conference in Melbourne on July 3rd and 4th
- Commit to attending coaching sessions, mid-program on a date TBC, in Melbourne
- Commit to attending the regional conference, location and date TBC (a two-day/overnight night event)
- Actively participate in and utilise an online forum to discuss, share and receive advice regarding their business
- Be responsive to all communication from the Live Music Professionals Project Manager
- Be willing to adhere to all Music Victoria policies and procedures.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted to arrange an interview. A selection panel will decide on the successful applicants.
Program enquiries can be directed to Music Victoria on (03) 9686 3411 or by emailing the Project Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org.