Bushfire Recovery Resource Guide
In the wake of the devastating bushfire crisis, it has been so inspiring to see the community rally together and help each other out, particularly those in the music industry. To catalogue this, Music Victoria has created a Bushfire Benefit Gig Guide listing as many events as possible whose proceeds are being donated directly to bushfire relief funds. We will continue to update this list and if you have a bushfire relief event that you would like to have added to our guide, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the details plus a weblink to your event.
We are also in the process of assessing the impact of the bushfires on the music community and industry. If you or someone you know in the music community has been affected by the fires, please let us know so that we can endeavour to make sure resources are directed to the right places. Please email us at email@example.com or call our office on 03 9686 3411.
Below is a list of grants, mental health resources, funding resources and other bushfire relief links catered towards those within the Australian music industry who have been affected by the bushfires. We will be continually updating this list in the coming months so do be sure to check back for more additional resources.
Mental Health Support
- Support Act Wellbeing Helpline - This service is accessible 24 hours a day, 365 days per year by calling 1800 959 500 within Australia.
- Support Act Bushfire Recovery Resource List - Contains information on how Support Act can assist you and how it works plus it also lists all of their current programs.
- Support Act - Help A Mate Applications - Support Act’s Help A Mate service provides an opportunity for friends, family and/or work colleagues to raise money for an artist, roadie or music worker who is in need or suffering hardship or distress.
Grants & Funding
- Regional Events Fund - This dedicated Bushfire Recovery round of Regional Events Fund will deliver up to $300,000 to help organisers to attract more people to regional events.
- Business Victoria Small Business Bushfire Recovery Grants - Grants of up to $50,000 are available to eligible Victorian small businesses and non-profit organisations (NPOs) affected by the Victorian bushfires. Applications close 31 July.
- Australian Trade and Investment Comission Regional Tourism Bushfire Recovery Grants - A $10 million grants program which has been drawn from the Bushfire Recovery Fund. Applications open 17 February.
- Regional Arts Fund - the Regional Arts Fund is administered by Regional Arts Victoria and supports sustainable cultural development in regional and remote Australia. The Quick Response Grant program has been set up to be responsive to exceptional cultural opportunities or creative recovery projects (in areas impacted by the Victorian bushfires in 2019 and 2020.
- Budget Direct Bushfire Recovery Fund - This $20,000 fund is open to community organisations such as volunteer fire services, schools, sporting clubs, non-government organisations & not-for-profit childcare centre that have been affected by the fires.
- Andrews Labor Government Mental Health Funding Package - People struggling with their mental health after the state’s devastating bushfires will get more immediate and long-term support during the recovery under a $23.4 million investment from the Andrews Labor Government.
- Resound Bushfire Appeal - Replacing Musical Instruments - Resound connects donated musical instruments with musicians who have lost their instrument/s as a result of the recent Australian bushfires.
- Support Act, with support from CMI Australia, will deliver up to $50,000 in instrument and music equipment replacement for needy musicians or music programs in fire affected areas of NSW and Victoria. For enquiries or referals, please email either Luke O'Connor (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Clive Miller (email@example.com).
- Creative Victoria Bushfire Recovery Resource List - Information on support available to creative practitioners and organisations in fire affected areas.
- Music Victoria Bushfire Benefit Gig Guide - A listing of upcoming events whose proceeds are to be donated to bushfire relief efforts. Submit a benefit gig to firstname.lastname@example.org to be listed.
- Bushfire Recovery Victoria - Get involved in your community's bushfire recovery - Information on how to join a Community Recovery Committee and other ways to help.
- Economic Development Australia Bushfire Recovery Webinar Session #1 - February 20 - Lessons for Disaster Recovery: 10 key lessons for economic development professionals assisting their communities to rebuild following a major disaster.
- Economic Development Australia Bushfire Recovery Webinar Session #2 - March 19 - Basic Resources to Good Recovery: Advice regarding effectively assembling and deploying local resources to assist community recovery.
- Economic Development Australia Bushfire Recovery Webinar Session #3 - March 30 - Re-Position For The Future: how to build stronger, more resilient local economies and communities within a Strategic Renewal Framework.
- Bushfire Recovery Victoria - A new, permanent and dedicated Victorian Government agency working directly with local communities to listen, help and deliver what they need.
- Creative Recovery Network - A specialist service provider and advocate for culture and the arts within the emergency management sector. Partners with government, community service, and private sector providers who work in disaster preparedness, response and recovery.
We understand that anyone affected by the fires has a lot to process. If you need someone to talk to, there are free support services available 24 hours a day, seven days a week:
• Support Act Wellbeing Helpline - 1800 959 500
• Mental Health Line – 1800 011 511
• Lifeline – 13 11 14