How to Apply
Applications are accepted online using the online Creative Victoria Grants Portal.
Applications for funding through the July 2016 round of Music Works Good Music Neighbours grants are now closed.
Making an application
Each application will be competitively assessed against the program aims (see Overview) and the four assessment criteria (see Assessment).
Good Music Neighbours Grants offer funding of up to $25,000 per venue in matched funding.
You will be required to answer each of the following questions in plain English in less than 2000 characters each (including spaces - approximately 250-300 words):
- Describe the venue.
- How many days/nights does the venue host original live music (e.g. per week/year)?
- How many days/nights does the venue host cover music?
- What are the primary genres of live music hosted at the venue (choose from list)?
- Has the venue been impacted by the proximity of residents or other key stakeholders (or does the venue have any limits on its licence)?
- Has the venue had any noise complaints in the last 5 years (Yes/No)?
- If yes, approximately how many complaints has the venue received per annum (average)?
- What are the nature of the complaints (if applicable)?
- How were the complaints responded to (if applicable)?
- Has the venue had any noise management work in the last 5 years?
- If yes, describe the work.
- Does the venue currently have a noise management plan? (see Best Practice Guidelines for Live Music Venues 2016) (Yes/No)?
- If yes, please provide this as supporting material.
- Are there any other ways that the venue works with neighbours to manage noise?
- Detail how the funds from Good Music Neighbours will be used.
- How and why will this help noise management for the venue?
Applications for funding must be submitted through the Creative Victoria Grants Portal.
Only applications submitted by the due date each year via the Creative Victoria Grants Portal will be assessed.
All eligible applications will be assessed against the Assessment Framework via a peer review process and recommendations made to the Minister for Creative Industries.
Notification of results will be announced 6-8 weeks after the application submission deadline. First payments of approved grants are made within 28 days upon acceptance of an invoice and when any special conditions of funding are met, if applicable. All funded works or activities will need to commence within 12 months of notification of acceptance of funding.
Step 1: Check your eligibility
Check the eligibility criteria in these guidelines. You can find other important information about this grant program and the application process on the Music Victoria website.
Step 2: Assemble any required information
Gather any relevant information required for your application.
Step 3: Prepare the funding application
Using the Creative Victoria Grants Portal for the Good Music Neighbours program, applicants must prepare a grant application that meets the assessment criteria and supply any required evidence.
Attachments to support your application must be submitted electronically via the Creative Victoria Grants Portal. This requires applicants to have the documents saved on a computer or storage device.
Step 4: Submit the application
Applications must be submitted through the Creative Victoria Grants Portal by the specified close date.
- Hand-written applications will not be accepted.
- Your application will be acknowledged by email.
Application documents and supporting material
Please upload the following support material (document titles should include the name of your venue):
- Evidence that the venue is a live music entertainment venue, as defined in clause 52.43-2 of the Victoria Planning Provisions.
- Statement or evidence that the applicant is an owner, authorised representative or operator of a live music entertainment venue.
- Timeline indicating activities and milestones (where applicable).
- Quote(s) as per application.
- The venue’s noise management plan (if available).
- Extended budget or budget notes (if relevant).
- The following file types are accepted:
- Documents – Word (.doc .docx); Excel (.xls .xlsx); PowerPoint (.ppt .pptx); Acrobat (.pdf)
- Images – .jpg .png .tiff
- Audio – .mp3 .wma
- Video – .mp4 .wma .avi .mov